Monday, May 24, 2010

How to recycle old pci graphics card to increase computer power?

I have read about people who take advantage the low cost:power ratio of graphics cards and hook a whole bunch of them together and use them for supercomputing purposes other that graphics. I can get a whole bunch of old pci graphics cards from my friend really cheap. Is there a way for me to hook them into my new computer and use them for physics processing or ram or something? I know it's possible, because people have done it.


thanks, will.

How to recycle old pci graphics card to increase computer power?
It's possible, yes, but not practical. A new driver would have to be written for each card's GPU, to send it the instructions you want it to perform and send data back. Most card's specifications are closed, making writing the driver difficult.

What are some of the best hotels

No comments:

Post a Comment