Monday, May 24, 2010

2 PNY GeForce 6800GT Graphics Cards in SLI, how do I get them to work?

Right now I'm running the original drivers that came in the box with my cards. When I enable/disable SLI, there is absolutely no difference in my FPS while playing two different graphics intensive games. When I try to download the latest drivers for SLI, I get an error message stating "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." When I install just the regular NVIDIA drivers I run fine until I enable SLI, then freeze as soon as I start a game. Can anyone help?





MoBo: Asus A8N-SLI


Proc: AMD Atholon 64 3500+


RAM: 2 Gigs

2 PNY GeForce 6800GT Graphics Cards in SLI, how do I get them to work?
Make sure that SLI is enabled in the BIOS. Do you have the A8N that uses the card to switch SLI or is it in the BIOS? They made two models. Make sure that the card/BIOS is set to SLI mode.


Make sure that the BIOS of both of your graphics cards are the same. The later drivers make it so you don't need the same revision, but its always less problematic if you have the same BIOS revision on both cards. Make sure that the SLI bridge is seated correctly. Uninstall the drivers for your existing cards. You can just force generic video card drivers on them in device manager, reboot, then load the latest nVidia drivers. Then with the new drivers, go to the nvidia control panel app, and enable SLI. Good luck, sometimes it takes some work to get it working, but it is SO worth it!
Reply:Well you see you cant just install 2 6800s theres steps to take. First locate the spot in between your pci-E X16 slots and theres a bridge pullout the the sli bridge thing carfully and change it to sli mode. then put in both card then put the connector on top of them then turn it on then when you get into windoes right click and open the nvidia control panel and cli "SLI-MULTI GPU" then enable and restart i did that with my 7600s with no prblem sli is way better!


No comments:

Post a Comment