Thursday, May 20, 2010

Do video / graphics cards affect audio stutter?

I have major issues with my audio stuttering during playback. My graphics card is a nvidia 8400GS. I have heard that not updating to latest drivers can cause stuttering. Is that true?

Do video / graphics cards affect audio stutter?
The graphics card has nothing to do with the audio parts of the computer. Two completely different sections, the graphics card mainly deals with the display of the computer while the soundcard deals with audio.
Reply:not that I have heard of, and I;ve heard of a lot... Try installing the latest SOUND drivers, because your video card has nothing to do with your speakers. IF you look, notice how your speakers are plugged into your motherboard, the only thing connected to the video card is the monitor. So try updating those, or reinstall the software you use to playback stuff. Or try mPlayer, which can be found and downloaded for free here, just drag your file onto the mplayer.exe:





http://www.download.com/Mplayer/3000-220...


No comments:

Post a Comment