Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can I run a PCI & PCI-E nVidia graphics cards at the same time?

Basically, I want to have the ability to display three to four monitors, but my motherboard does not support SLI. Similar to having AGP graphics card displaying together with a PCI graphics card, I want to be able to have an expanded desktop.





I want to plug in the following:





nVidia 5500 FX PCI Graphics Card (Want to purchase)


nVidia 7900GS PCI-E Graphics Card (Already installed)





Will the PCI card display together with the PCI-E card?

Can I run a PCI %26amp; PCI-E nVidia graphics cards at the same time?
I would think so. You aren't trying to SLI. You are just trying to have more displays. I don't see why this would cause a problem??? Your resolution is going to be limited to what the 5500 can do.
Reply:Yes, thats fine - you'll get 4 displays.


No comments:

Post a Comment