Monday, May 11, 2009

What graphics cards can i buy for a compaq presario sr1726nx computer?

I have never upgraded its hardware and I want a video card for high fps on games like World of Warcraft and Counter Strike.

What graphics cards can i buy for a compaq presario sr1726nx computer?
you can pretty much choose what you want because you do have a x16 pci-e slot. so look for a pci express video card. I would say a 8800GT 512MB card, but because the specs I can find don't list what the power supply is I can't say forsure if adding a high performing card won't cause instability.


I would also upgrade the ram to atleast 1GB, with 2 512MB sticks or better yet 2GB with 2 1GB sticks. that 512 total ram is going to limit you in games.


So be prepared to upgrade the power supply if you drop in a newer graphics card. The good news is that you probably don't need the latest cards, so look for something along the lines of a nvidia 6800GT or slightly better.
Reply:you can visit the compaq website if you need to you can chat with an agent they might be able to help you with this here the link hope it helps


http://h18000.www1.hp.com/





click on get support


this is where i go if i have compaq presario questions


thats my computers brand name too i love my presario computer


No comments:

Post a Comment