Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm running XP SP2 and swapped some graphics cards around;now the PC doesn't offer the standby mode?

I'm running XP SP2 on an Asus board. I swapped some graphics cards around and everything is working but when you try to put the PC into standby mode the stand-by option isn't lit up and doesn't work.. Power Options is set for Home/office and I can't see anything in BIOS to change. Any ideas?


Alex

I'm running XP SP2 and swapped some graphics cards around;now the PC doesn't offer the standby mode?
Is anything showing as a problem in Device Manager (yellow exclamation marks or red crosses)? That normally causes standby to be disabled.
Reply:You have install the device driver for the graphics card you are using now,or slot back in your previous graphics card.

safety boots

No comments:

Post a Comment